Last night was D.A.R.E. graduation. This is held every year for the 5th graders. In case you are not aware of what D.A.R.E. is, it's a national program implemented by the local police department that go into the school & educates the kids on drug & alcohol abuse.
All of the 5th grade students receive recognition and an award for completing the program. The teachers also have to choose 1 student from their class to receive the character award. I am not surprised at all that Brianna was chosen. That girl is something above & beyond special. I know I'm highly impartial on the subject, but I also know that many others agree with my statement.
Going into the graduation only the teachers knew who was being awarded this honor. Once we got there we knew because we saw her name listed in the program. She did not know until she heard her name called.
I had to try really hard to not cry when they read her name & the reasons for her receiving this award. It makes my momma heart burst with pride!
Even though I added the captions to highlight what was said I want to put it out there again.
Brianna always works hard and gives her best effort.
She is very helpful and kind to all of her classmates.
She strives for academic excellence in all of her subjects.
She makes good choices and chooses to be a leader and not a follower.
I am certain that her confidence will help her uphold the D.A.R.E. principles.

2 comments:
Great Job, Nina!! We're proud of you!
Pass this on to Nina, please. *high five* It's so cool to have good kids, huh? But then, you always knew she's a character! *LOL*
Post a Comment