
I am no stranger to Hearts at Home. My journey with them began 10 years ago when Jim discovered them & told me to sign up for a conference. I was a little upset with him over it. I mean, exactly what was he implying when he told me I NEEDED a mothering conference. Hmp! The nerve of that man! I went anyway and it turned out to be one of the best things Jim ever did for me. Later I served on an actual Hearts team and helped lead the publishing aspect of the ministry. When it came time for me to step down from that role Hearts was implementing the internet/facebook/blog aspect of reaching out to moms. Perfect way for me to continue to serve and stay connected with the ministry.
So, you may wonder then, what is this all about. I have joined their blog hop to help support and get the word out about their ministry. I can testify first hand ladies (and gentlemen) that this is one top notch organization and I will do anything to get their material into your hands. By participating in this blog hop I am going to give my thoughts on a particular topic and help link you to Hearts at Home. I want you to participate too and comment on my post. And I mean more than just Steph & Suzie too. (As much as I LOVE them, I want more of you to comment. Please.) In the future I plan to offer some give aways (YES, FREE stuff! woot woot!) that are Hearts at Home related. I won't give you this big spiel each month, I'll just launch into the subject. Like this:
Miracles? Have you experienced any of them in your life? I most certainly have. If you are a mom or know a mom, you all know the wonder of growing a precious human being. I mean, think about. Two teeny tiny particles that can't be seen by the human eye grow into a person. That itself IS a miracle. God's precious miracle that He has given to so many of us either personally or through other ways (adoption).
I know that we all can think of other miracles in our lives. It's easy to title them as coincidences or chance or lucky. Really, though many of them are miracles. I think of the above mentioned and remember how miraculous it was to see the teeny tiny perfectly formed four heart chambers of son's twin at only 6 week of development. You might wonder....Carmen doesn't have twins. Yes, in fact, John was a twin. But that perfect little heart of baby #2 was not beating and I did not carry that twin to term. As sad as that was I still think on the miracle of seeing his perfect little heart on that monitor.
Other miracles I have experienced is when John fell out of our second story home when he was 7 years old. 15 feet to the ground and the only injury he received was a contusion to his ankle. He was riding his bike down the street two days later and telling me "dont' worry mom, I'll be ok". Please explain that to me. You can't. It was a miracle.
How about when Mandy was being born and we suffered a severe case of shoulder dystocia. Don't know what it is? Look it up on webmd. It's not for the faint hearted I guarantee. Stuck she was for six minutes. Turning blue from lack of oxygen. When they finally got her out she was wisked away and I was warned of all the possible things that could be wrong with her. Instead, we had a perfectly healthy baby girl. I've recounted my exact birth story to many others in the ob business. They all tell me the same thing. It's a miracle that girl is alive & "normal".
I could go on and on and on. Miracle after miracle. I'm sure I could list at least one for each of our 6 kids and several for myself. Even when it's not something big & grand or has a fascinating story attached to it there are many miracles in our lives. I could tell you about some of my miracles that are being shown to me in the form of friendships (ones that I've never met in person and ones that I eat DQ blizzards with). OK! Now I'm going to cry. You get what I'm saying though. Just look around, we are surround by miracles, even if we do recognize it as that.
Ok, go blow your nose. Stop your sniffling! Comment & tell me about your miracles. Or better yet, if you blog, write about it & make sure I see it. Thank you for being a miracle in my life : )
Miracles? Have you experienced any of them in your life? I most certainly have. If you are a mom or know a mom, you all know the wonder of growing a precious human being. I mean, think about. Two teeny tiny particles that can't be seen by the human eye grow into a person. That itself IS a miracle. God's precious miracle that He has given to so many of us either personally or through other ways (adoption).
I know that we all can think of other miracles in our lives. It's easy to title them as coincidences or chance or lucky. Really, though many of them are miracles. I think of the above mentioned and remember how miraculous it was to see the teeny tiny perfectly formed four heart chambers of son's twin at only 6 week of development. You might wonder....Carmen doesn't have twins. Yes, in fact, John was a twin. But that perfect little heart of baby #2 was not beating and I did not carry that twin to term. As sad as that was I still think on the miracle of seeing his perfect little heart on that monitor.
Other miracles I have experienced is when John fell out of our second story home when he was 7 years old. 15 feet to the ground and the only injury he received was a contusion to his ankle. He was riding his bike down the street two days later and telling me "dont' worry mom, I'll be ok". Please explain that to me. You can't. It was a miracle.
How about when Mandy was being born and we suffered a severe case of shoulder dystocia. Don't know what it is? Look it up on webmd. It's not for the faint hearted I guarantee. Stuck she was for six minutes. Turning blue from lack of oxygen. When they finally got her out she was wisked away and I was warned of all the possible things that could be wrong with her. Instead, we had a perfectly healthy baby girl. I've recounted my exact birth story to many others in the ob business. They all tell me the same thing. It's a miracle that girl is alive & "normal".
I could go on and on and on. Miracle after miracle. I'm sure I could list at least one for each of our 6 kids and several for myself. Even when it's not something big & grand or has a fascinating story attached to it there are many miracles in our lives. I could tell you about some of my miracles that are being shown to me in the form of friendships (ones that I've never met in person and ones that I eat DQ blizzards with). OK! Now I'm going to cry. You get what I'm saying though. Just look around, we are surround by miracles, even if we do recognize it as that.
Ok, go blow your nose. Stop your sniffling! Comment & tell me about your miracles. Or better yet, if you blog, write about it & make sure I see it. Thank you for being a miracle in my life : )
3 comments:
Okay..I really truely do NOT know what to say. You have left me speechless. THAT was beautiful writing. Straight from the heart. I started crying 3rd paragraph in. ((hugss)) *blowing nose* ((now you are hugging me for making me cry))
I am not going to comment my miracles, I am going to blog them.
Thank you for being a miracle in MY life. I am SO happy our girls wanted to go to Homecoming together, since that is the very first time I got to meet you. I just didn't know then what you would mean to me in just a few short months. *tears*
Thanks for sharing your stories! We serve an amazing God, and miracles are definitely still taking place today...
Post a Comment