I've been up since 2 a.m. this morning. Not really what I had planned for my day. Baby Carmen is what woke me up at such an hour. I should've known something was up with her when she didn't go to bed as usual last night. I settled her down to bed twice & she was still up fighting it tooth and nail. I was trying to get to bed early myself so I could get into my morning routine at 4:30 a.m. the next day. Jim was my hero though and stayed up with her until she finally went to sleep well after 10 p.m.
There seems to be no obvious culprit for her 2 a.m. wake up. I'm guessing it's that big ole nasty molar that has been trying to push its way through her gums. I'm not kidding its the size of a small marshmallow just sitting on her right gum. No tooth, just a huge swollen mass. Poor thing. Once she was up, she was up. For a child up at such odd hours she sure is a cutie pie. We had a snack, played on the floor & had some snuggle time. During all of that I flipped on the t.v. I had DVR'd a movie over 6 weeks ago and hadn't got it watched yet. No better time than now!
Carmen finally settled back down to sleep at close to 4 a.m. And now mama was up & wide awake. No doubt the thought of sleep passed through my head. But so was my day & my workout I had planned. I weighed the pros and cons of staying up vs. going back to bed for a few more hours. And, obviously I chose to stay up. My alarm goes off at 4:30 anyway. I feel fine....great....well, for now at least. This afternoon might be a different story.
No comments:
Post a Comment