National conference is the biggest of the 3 that they offer. More than 4,500 women (and a few men) converged on the campus of ISU to have a day of encouragement and teaching. And more than anything we also wanted a day....just one day, to not be touch a million times, be asked "why?" a hundred times and just go to the bathroom ALONE and not see or hear any little voices asking when we would be done. The workshops they offer are amazing. They had everything from red hot monoghmy to rebellious teens to birth order to discipline, etc, etc. The list goes on. They had big nationally known speakers such a Bill & Pam Ferrell & Kevin Leman. We were blown away with their insight, humor and been there, done that experiences.
This years theme was:
.jpg)
This was (part) of my mom's group from here in town that went to conference together.

After a day of conference they also had Mom's Night Out. The main highlight of that was a concert by Go Fish! They are an amazing phonemonal group that both moms and kids can relate to. Someone took this picture while were rocking out and having fun!
And here is a video off of youtube of their infamous Mom Song.
If you want more info on Go Fish go see their website at www.gofishguys.com I highly recommend any of their music.
After our long (but well worth it) day at conference some of us stayed over at a hotel to continue our time away. We didn't even check into the hotel until after 9 p.m. Even though some of us were tired we took full advantage of our girl time away with, again, no kid interruption and no hubby giving us that "look". Nothing beats lounging in your jammies and snacking on cookies & candy well into the early morning hours.
I also took full advantage of my girl time to get some long awaited waxing done. Really, it's just the simple things that make me so happy.
I'm sure you are all glad that I'm showing off my leg hairs to you. Don't worry I won't share the pictures we took of me getting other areas waxed. We all laughed and giggled about such things and again, just enjoyed being women!
.jpg)
Hearts at Home offers the conference again on saturday. If you want to go back you can take even more workshops. One person in our group did that. I went along with her, but didn't attend any classes. I just lounged around chatting with other girlfriends, browsed through the bookshop, got a chair massage and my picture taken with Go Fish! (Those guys are so cool! I won't put that pic on here though, I already have enough).
Once she was done we hit the mall and shopped til we dropped. The last picture is me sitting in one of those massage chairs in the middle of the mall. We got 3 minutes for $1. We ended our trip with a feast at Red Lobster, some shopping at JoAnn's and then the drive home. What a great weekend away we had. I can't wait for next year!!!!
.jpg)
1 comment:
hope I'll see you there next year!
Post a Comment