Monday, March 2, 2009

Food fun!

I've always been a supporter of giving my children eating utensils from an early age. It's mostly pointless at the beginning. More often used as a banging instrument than feeding one self. Lately Carmen has been using her fork & spoon a lot more. It's cute to see her spoon up some yogurt or pudding with her little chubby hands. Of course, a lot of it falls off her spoon, making a fine mess on her highchair tray or even herself. But she's learning, that is the point.

Sometimes though it's best & easiest to just ditch the silverware and enjoy the food al natural. Carmen had no problem with this while enjoying her macaroni & cheese. I think she went beyond enjoying the food though and entertained herself (and the whole family). It was bath night anyway so instead of curbing such craziness I let her enjoy the situation.



All too often Martina gets caught in the cross fire of such antics. Not that she just happened to be walking by & gets pelted with food. Oh no, she's a true dog and knows to sit at the base of the high chair waiting for whatever gets flung her way (either on accident or on purpose).

1 comment:

Connie said...

Thanks for the giggle Carmen. I had to laugh at the macaroni-n-cheese in the dogs hair! Cute!!