Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2nd & 3rd grade musical

Brianna & John has their spring musical. It was called: Go Fish! Brianna has the honor of being the first Peterson to hold the main role. The other kids have had various role through out the years in their school muscials. Brianna, however, had the lead role. She was a tiger shark. John was only part of the chours, which is what all the 2nd graders were. Pictured below is John, he is in the first row second kid from the right.


Brianna did a fabalous job in her role. She was very nervous, but you would never know that. She was the only child that didn't require a prompt in her lines. Here she is below with some clown fish.

The school musical is the only thing that I outright sign up for to help with. Anything else within the school, I will help only if someone comes to me and specifically asks for it. I've done various things through all the musicals (this would be my 10th one). This year I agreed to sew fish costumes. I'm not a real good sew-er. Although I am getting quite good at just ab-libing, making it up as I go. I get a pattern, but don't make it anything like it says to. It just gives me a basic guideline....I make it work from there. I will give credit to my friend Sherri though, she's been good about helping me make my costumes lately. Where I have a question, she might know the answer & vice versa. So below is one of the 6 blue costumes I made for the musical.

Here is a video clip of Brianna in action. You also get a peek at John singing a song. They did a wonderful job to help make the whole thing a great success!
(sorry it's a bit shakey, I always think I'm doing a good job of keeping it still, but then it never looks that way when I play it back.)

No comments: