We had, I think, one of the best valentine's day ever.....and we've had quite a few. For the most part it was just your average saturday. My dad called mid day & wanted to stop over for a visit. He enjoyed some time with the grandkids and then joined Jim & I for supper.
Later in the evening we went & saw a Christian comedy perform at a local church. We had been planning to do this for months, but I put off or forgot to get tickets. I wasn't too worried though. I figured I'd buy the tickets at the last minute. Because....umm, hello we live in Galesburg. Nothing sells out here. I was devasated to find out a week prior of the event that the event had sold out. Yeah, I threw a fit, even cried a bit. Then I put on my big girl panties & just dealt with it.
About 24 hrs. before the event I received an email from a friend who knew of my situation and pointed me toward a blog. This blog belonged to someone I vaguely knew here in town. We knew each other by face, but had never personally met. On her blog she was giving away and chance to double date with her & her husband & that included 2 tickets to see the comedy performance. You just had to submitt to her little contest she was running and you just might win. Well.....we won!!!! Ok, never mind the fact that we ended up being the only ones
who even entered the contest....WE WON!
After supper with my dad, we met Mark & Jody at the venue and enjoyed a great night of laughter. I have never laughed so hard & so much. My face literally hurt from smiling so much. The performance was put on by Tim Hawkins. Click on the links below (sorry I don't know how to post the actual clip) to see some youtube clips of his performance (the clip is not from that night, but he did perform this bit). Check out all his clips, he's great!
Once we were done there the 4 of us continued our double date & went to Perkins for coffee & desert. Even though we had first met that night we had no problem sitting & chatting with them for over 2 hours. It was great! An instant friendship connection! So a big super huge thank you to Mark & Jody who helped make our Valentines Day the best one ever.
..jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Oh goodness! We look like a bunch of old married folks celebrating Valentines at Perkins!
But we did have so much fun with you guys!
Post a Comment