I love yard sales, especially a good one. Through the years I've had my hand in putting on a few as well. This year my friend & neighbor, Laura, decided to host a yardsale. I just had to bring my stuff over & set it up. Since she lives behind me I literally threw things over the fence then made my kids take it up to her house. I got rid of a lot of stuff. Mostly baby stuff. The swing, the bouncy set, my bumbo, etc. I was ready to get the big bulky stuff out of my house. Carmen was using these things very little so out they go.
The ad in the paper stated the sale would start at 9 a.m. I went over at 8 a.m. to help set up. We had done the bulk of it the night before, we just had to pull things out & organize it in yardsale fashion. Laura posted a big sign at the end of her driveway that stated NO EARLY SALES! Despite that we still had people try & walk up to browse through our things. Laura was firm though & shooed them away.
By 8:45 we had a crowd forming at the end of the driveway. Laura kept holding them off as we put the final touched on the tables & items. A few people walked up on the property next to the sale to get a glimpse of what treasures we had. It was crazy! No kidding, we had about 30 people anxiously awaiting the start of our sale. When we finally gave the ok there was a mad rush of people coming down the driveway. Many people had their hands full by time they got to us. Some people ran to grab what they wanted. It was like a scene at the mall the day after Thanksgiving.
Things didn't slow down from there. There was a steady crowd all day. At some times there was 5-10 people standing in line, their arms full of stuff to buy. The ad said the sale would end at 2 p.m. But it really wasn't until 4 that for the first time there wasn't someone there to look through our stuff. Saturday we had a repeat of events. Not quite as many people, but still a good crowd, and we were beating them back until 9 a.m. again til we got things set up.
We all had a lot of fun putting this on. We got to sit around for hours & visit with each other. We even blarred some music and danced around for fun. Yes, I'm sure we got some strange looks from our customers. All in all we even made A LOT of money. Who knows what the next sale will yeild.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment