Sunday, August 31, 2008

First day of school

I know it doesn't seem possible, but it's time for school to start again. Mandy will be in 5th grade. Brianna in 3rd. John in 2nd. They all go to one school. This will be Mandy's last year in this school
Angel is in 7th grade and goes to a different school. I didn't make her stand in front of her school sign, I just got a picture as she headed out the door. When I registered her for school, I kept thinking "How in the world did I get a 7th grader?!?!?!?!" It just doesn't seem possible that she is that old. Didn't she just start kindergarten last year? *snif, snif*




As much as I love my children & loved having them home for the summer, I was just as happy to send them out the door this past week. We've had a great summer. I felt like I was much more relaxed. My goal for the summer was to be more intentional with the kids. I more easily set aside my household chores and the computer to take them swimming or to the park. I worked to say yes more than no when they asked to do something. All in all I felt I accomplished what I wanted.
Now that season has come to an end and we are ready to venture into the next.

2 comments:

Enriched-Mom said...

Hoping your new season goes smooth.

Your kiddos have grown so much! The 7th grader quote.. I know.. where does time go??

Amy said...

Looks like you had fun in St. Louis. Funny that we did it too! :) The Zoo is pretty awesome!

Hey, we are having a thank you BBQ on Friday evening at 6:30 for everyone who helped out in so many different ways with our move. We're sticking a postcard in the mail, but with no mail today, who knows when it will get there. Just wanted to make sure you heard about it!