Case it point.....Jim says to me one glorious sunday afternoon. Hey, let's ride our bikes to the store & bring the groceries home in the trailer. Sure, why not. Even I didn't realize that buying 2 weeks of groceries would result in a lot of stuff to cart home. Cause you know how something looks or seems bigger than what it actually is. So, of course, the trailer with no kids seemed big enough to handle the job.
We take off to the store. It's only around the corner. Less than 5 minutes. We blissfully shop away. It's not until we head to the check out that I look at our FULL cart and try to say with a straight face "is all of this going to fit in the trailer?" We stay optimistic, though just to be safe we put a few big items back on the shelf. We pay & head outside to our bikes.
This is where I have to work extreamly hard from falling on the ground in laughter. Cause one look at our cart compaired to the trailer and there is no way this is going to happen. I offer to go home & get the car. But that would defeat all purposes cause we rode to bikes to save on gas, especially on such a short trip. And just the idea that we are fully physically capable of doing such things. We don't like to be fully dependent on our vehicles.
So we load up. We manage to get most of it in the trailer. I have to carry two bags with me on my bike, that was an interesting sight. We head home & quickly. The trailer looked as if it were ready to buckle at any moment. Just when we pull into the driveway I hear this sound behind me & then hear Jim yelling. The trailer had completely fallen off his bike due to the weight. So we had to pull the trailer up the driveway & unload it. I was dying laughing.
I don't think we'll be trying this idea again.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment