A little history. Weas hails from my mom's side of the family. Fred & Mary Weas had 9 children, my grandmother was 1 of them. They have been putting on this reunion for many years. It's been 30 years since they started keeping track of everything in a big white binder. Many agree that they started getting together for several years before that though. From conversations I had I'd guess that the reunion has been taking place for 40-45 years now.
And you know me & my memory.....I remember A LOT! Naturally it sits well in my mind. I have many, many a memories of going to the reunions growing up. It was a big part of growing up. I'm very thankful for it.
It was very windy & cool that day. The wind was a bit of a nuisance, but we welcomed the coolness.
The pig is a bit of a symbol of the Weas reunion. This signs gets passed from person to person, whomever is hosting it for the next year. We put it out for everyone to see where we are gathering. My sisters *pimped* out the pig this year to match our theme..jpg)
I know this pic is a bit blurry, but I took some cute pics of Carmen & her lei.
I almost forgot to mention that we had the police called on us. We had parked our cars up on the grass right next to the shelter we had reserved so we could load & unload. Right toward the end a police car drove by, pulled in the parking spots & blared on his speaker (didn't even get out of his car to personally address us) "GET YOUR VEHICLES OFF THE GRASS! YOU MUST REMOVE YOUR VEHICLES OFF THE GRASS IMMEDIATELY!" My mom walked over to speak to the officer & explained we are getting ready to load up & have many heavy items. She promised him we would be gone in 15-20 minutes. He told her that would be ok then stated they had received a few phone calls complaining about our vehicles being on the grass. Oh for petes sake....ye gads, as my grandma would say. So we hurried & loaded up so we would not continue to be such a disturbance to the public : ). It makes for a great memory to the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment