Your first reaction is either of disgust or intrigue when I talk about my pickle pizza. This fine delicacy was introduced to me as a child from my mother. She learned of it from a pizza place in Ankeny, IA where she went to college. For me, you have to understand, these two foods alone are at the top of my I-can-eat-every-day-and-never-get-sick-of-list.
So I have continue the tradition of this food to my children. One time when I made it for supper Angel had a friend over and she ate some. Apparently she went home & it's all she could talk about was my pickle pizza. So her mom was curious about this "totally awesome pizza" and talk began to spread amongst our friends about it. So I decided to have some friends over and treat them to my special fanfare of pizza.
So many people have inquired about this favorite of mine. Everyone makes it sound like there is some great secret to it's awesomeness. I like that about it. I like that I feel like I have the next culinary break through in this nation and my great & awesome secret will make me millions of dollars (which, of course, I would share with all of you my great & faithful blog readers). But, really....it's just pickles on a pizza. I know when you put it that way it sounds so "simple" You make your dough (you can buy a box mix or make it from scratch), add your sauce, some pickles (like hamburger dill chips, I'm partial to Vlasic), top with cheese (mozzarella & a hint of cheddar) and bake as usual.
Here below, we have the lovely Carmen, mom of six, entrepreneur & pioneer of the pickle pizza era, modeling our famed delicacy : )
This ladies & gentlemen is the famed blogger & personal friend to Carmen, Stephanie B**** (last name with held for privacy & paparazzi reasons). Stephanie (whom rocks by the way) got a first (very CLEAN) hand experience of helping roll out this fresh homemade pizza dough. What a trooper & helper she was.
I failed to get more pictures of us making up the pizzas. We had to make enough to feed the 6 moms & 18 kids of all ages that were hanging out at my house. Everyone pitched it & we had fun visiting with each other in the process. Here we are with the finished product.
We all had a great time. Sure, the pizza was great . However, having such great friends to spend the day with & share my special pickle pizza with was even better. : )



2 comments:
Thanks for introducing me to your famed pickle pizza, gf. Loved it!! And loved hanging with you & those other 4 fabulous women! You all rock!
The last picture is NOT a paid endorsement for Vlasic or Strawberry Crush ;) HeHe
THANK YOU bunches for having us over to test out the famed pickle pizza(which I ♥'d) AND for the visiting that went on!! I had a blast. We sure are a GREAT group of women!!
((hugss))
Post a Comment