Case in point, the dinner table. Obviously this was one of those nights where I set all the food out and it's a free for all, get it yourself, throw your plate away when you are done night. (No, sorry, we are not the Waltons where we gather every night or every meal for a big broo-haha around the dining room table.) I'm pretty sure this was a friday night, not everyone was even home at the time, but we weren't waiting. Dinner was served. Of course I always fix Carmen & Andrew's plate, they are too young to properly help themselves. In fact, in the bottom corner of the first picture IS Carmen's plate already fixed up. Apparently though, eating the spaghetti out of the container is much tastier than eating it off the plate. The bigger kids had obviously inhaled their food & had scadattled into another room. I'm not sure where I was. (You mean I'm suppose to grab a plate and actually sit down during dinner time?). But I remember having that....why is it so quiet and where is Carmen moment.
It was awfully cute to find her dipping her hands into the large bucket of spaghetti. I snapped MANY pictures. It is better than finding her in the bathroom, climbed up on the counter and toothpaste squirted out all over the place. (Yep, it's happened MANY times).
So no worries.....kids around here are not starving. Don't be shaking your head & judging either, not all of our meals are served in this fashion. Ma & Pa Walton do gather the chillins' around the table from time to time to share in good ole family time. But sometimes......well, it's a zoo!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment