Saturday, December 12, 2009

School musical

The 4th & 5th graders at Steel presented their school musical. The 4th graders have no specifics roles or lead parts. They are the choir (I was going to put "just" the choir, but they are just as important too!). Since Brianna is in 4th grade (now how did that happen, man sakes alive, wasn't she just born yesterday?!!?!?!) she was involved in this production. She really enjoyed the songs (they sang songs through out the decades) and did a great job in her part of the choir.

Here she is posing by the sign that a friend & I made. I have volunteered for every school musical that I've had a kid in. I've done everything from sew costumes, make signs, decorate head pieces, coordinate the refreshments and the list goes on. Normally I take a back seat in volunteering at the school. If they really need me, fine, I will step up to the plate. I'm not first in line to say I'll do this, this and this. The musical is different. I AM first in line to say "what can I do?". This was my 11th musical that I have been involved with....wow, that is the first time I've done the math on that one.

Anyway, a friend & fellow parent took the afternoon to paint the sign. We had fun. And Brianna loved her musical!

No comments: