Yesterday Jim & I celebrated 15 years of marriage. I was hoping to do an interview for you blog readers. Kind of the John & Kate style where we sit on the sofa and talk about our lives & marriage, etc. Which is good in theory, but that would require us to actually spend time together to accomplish that. Didn't really happen that way yesterday. In fact, not counting our sleep time, we spent maybe, about an hour within sight of each other. Not to be confuse with actually spending time together. That would literally only be about 10 minutes. I'm serious.
It was just one of those days. Wednesdays are always a very busy day, especially after school & through the evening. Not only did we have our regular business going on, we had 3 extra kids in the house. 3 extra kids that I fed supper and played taxi to, in addition to our own 6. Yep, that'll just about tie up all my free time.
Jim was in anticipation of this & took Tuesday afternoon off and swooped me off to Peoria for lunch and time with just him. We stuffed ourselves with Olive Garden and Baskin Robins/Dunkin Doughnuts and returned just in time to get the kids from school. That is actually getting a lot for my anniversary. We had no idea 15 years ago that getting married at this time of year would actually be the worst time for us to celebrate. And that has nothing to do with the 6 kids & no time & no money factor to the whole situation.
So....15 years. Wow! That's getting close to half of my life. Wow! Ahhhh, but I/we love it. Really, what else can we ask for when we have each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment