We gather and there is food....ALWAYS food. Plenty of games for the kids to play. A lot of time for sitting around & visiting. Some of these family members I only see once or twice a year. Despite a lot of moaning & groaning I took a big group picture. It was a little hard to take a get a good shot of everyone (I sat it on a table & used the timer). It's a picture and one that I cherish. I'm all about family & preserving what time we have with them. In this picture there is my grandma. There is also 3 of her 4 daughters. 4 of her 8 grandchildren. 12 of her 16 great-grandchildren.
This is my cousin Trista. We were born only 6 weeks apart. From then on we grew up inseparable. Sometimes that was not a good thing to have the two of us together. Double trouble was the word for sure. Of course, then we grow up, take different path in life and rarely get to see each other. But we've always been close in heart. Even though it had been over a year since I had last seen her we just pick up in conversation like we had just chatted yesterday. I love the bond that we've always had.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment