Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holiday Parade

John & Brianna participated in the annual holiday parade in downtown Galesburg. We don't normally attend this event. It's usually too cold. I was there in long sleeves, but no jacket and soaking up the sun. It was wonderful. I heard gripping about it not being cold enough to celebrate the coming of Christmas. Well, then....go to Antartica or Siberia....somewhere cold. My first instinct was to sit on the side of the street where my back was against the sun. Soon I realized I wanted to load up on vitamin D so I switched sides of the street. I didn't care that I had to squint the whole time or that I got a little warm. It felt so good!

John walked with Kuk Sol Won, where he takes karate.
Brianna walked with D.A.R.E., more specifically the chapter that is run through her school.

No comments: