Friday, December 4, 2009

Abingdon Turkey Trot

I traveled to the great metropolis of Abingdon, IL to participate in their Turkey Trot. John went along with & unofficially ran, as well. (Meaning we did not register him, but when the gun went off he ran along the course for a long as he could. He could not finish the whole distance, but did a great job trying!)


It was an unusually warm Sunday afternoon in November. I look like I'm ready to race in the summer. Although enjoyable, in some ways, it made things worse. The temperature was also a little deceiving because once we got out onto the course there was a strong wind that made it a little difficult to push through.

I still had a good run and captured the overall women's title. Actually, I would argue that I had a really crappy run, but I'm sure many would argue when in the end I'm standing with the trophy in my hand. I take my victories for what they are at the moment. Another race with the same performance could yield a different result. For now, though, I am the Abingdon Turkey Trot champion.





No comments: