So, it's Thursday, right? WHAT?!?!?!? It's not?!?!?!? Don't shake your head no in disagreement. Humor me....ok?! So, it's Thursday, right? *shake head yes* Riiiight....ok! And it's the third Thursday so that means it's time for Hearts at Home blog hop.
This months prompt is:
If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would you say?
Yikes - a - roni! That is a tough one. TOUGH! I've been thinking about this for over a week. Hmmm, what would I say? My first thought drifted to things like: don't do this or don't do that or do this more often. But then I thought about how each one of those do's or don'ts were things that taught me lessons that I obviously needed to learn. If I didn't go through somethings how would I have even known the valuable lesson behind it. Everything in life is worth something. So then my thoughts drifted to what some might consider the politically correct answer and that is I would tell myself nothing. That was going to be my response to this prompt.
Then this week got busy....B-U-S-Y! It's been a good, bad and back & forth a million times kind of week. And there have been some "issue" with my own teenagers. That prompted a whole new line of thinking as I sit & look at my own offspring that are going through this same stage. And in a moment of genius (or at least genius to me) I knew the one complete & simple answer to this prompt. So imagine with me as I write myself a letter & send it "back in time" to the teenage me. I even provided some teenage pictures to help with the visual.
Dear Carmen,
The best is yet to come!
Sincerely, Carmen
Now, I don't know if that exactly sounds like advice. But I think it is the only thing I would need to tell myself. It's probably the same thing that I will tell myself when I'm 80 looking back into my life now. Because knowing certain things about my life would probably cause me to change things or treat life differently. Sure, you may argue, but what if I'm missing out on something really great or really wonderful if I had only known this or that. But we don't ever need to change anything that has happened, we don't ever need to change anything that is going to happen. It's life & God's masterplan for me! Doesn't mean that life is going to perfect or wonderful or deliriously happy. Through the good & bad I want God to use whatever my life is to bring me closer to Him. That IS the ultimate "best is yet to come", eternity with my Saviour. Even in an earthly sense though, and that is what we can most relate to, I want to just live and know that the best is yet to come!
Now, you tell me....what would you tell your teenage self? My answer is not the only one right answer. It's just my perspective on this particular topic. I'd love to hear (COMMENT PLEASE) your thoughts on this topic! And you can read other people's thoughts as well by clicking the links below.



No comments:
Post a Comment