Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spring Tea

Every year the church holds a spring tea.  It is always held around Mother's Day.  They only have 200 spots.  It's all the gym can hold.  The make everything all pretty & special.  You can dress casual or you can dress up.  No matter what, you HAVE to buy your tickets quickly.  It sells out weeks in advance.  80 spots sold immediately on the first day they opened ticket sales.  I had to learn myself....DON'T WAIT!

This year I invited some friends to join us.  They also have daughters that are good friends with mine.  We all had a great time.  They start the tea off with a fruit cup, then move to finger sandwiches (5 or 6 kinds to choose from) and finish off with dessert.  Of course, there is coffee & tea to drink.  Kool aid for the kids or those that want to feel like a kid. We had a guest speaker & plenty of time to sit & visit with those around us.

Carmen really enjoyed the tea.  She loves getting all dressed up in her princess (as she calls her pretty/fancy dresses) and having a big tea party.  She is constantly playing with her tea set at home.


Here I am with Christina (left), her daughter, Laura, is good friends with Mandy.  Stephanie's (right) daughter is Mady & good friends with Angel.  If it had not been for our daughters I probably would not have met these ladies.  I love how God brings friends into my life!

Our daughters think we are weird sometimes, but really.....ok, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree : )

They had an area set up in the library for pictures.  They were kind enough to take our picture & email it to us.  Here I am with my girls.

I am so....SO glad that Mady & Angel became friends.  They didn't really know each other a year ago, but as incoming freshmen in band they soon had a lot in common.  They went to homecoming together last year with a group of girlfriends and wanted to take pictures at our house. That is the first time I met Stephanie.  I liked her right away, but it's not like we were instant glue or anything.  It took time & our friendship developed slowly.  NOW, we are like instant glue.  The woman can't get off me.  Or I off her.  I'm being silly.  But she is one of the BEST things to happen to me in a long time.  (Suzie you are the other best thing).  Especially considering all that I went through last fall with some other "friends".  Having good  & true friends is such a blessing in life and I am blessed to call Stephanie one of them!  Thanks Angel & Mady for helping bring us together.



(Ok, that last part had nothing to do with the tea, but I got on a roll because of the picture we had taken together and I was sitting here thinking about it and it all just came rollin' out. Suzie, I dream of the day that I can post of picture of us together & tell everyone about you my blessed friend.)

1 comment:

~Lil Mama~ said...

*GULP*
Totally Bawling! B.A.W.L.I.N.G.
I love ya! YOU are one of the best things that has happened to me also. We did become close didn't we?!? And really surprisingly it didn't take long. I am kinda iffy when it comes to "new" things, as you well know. But not with YOU. When we met, everything just fell into place, it was easy and you were a breath of fresh air!! I must have needed you and didn't even realize it, because now I can't even imagine what it would be like to NOT have you in my life!!! ((hugss))