Monday, June 20, 2011

The Purple Potty & Two Cuties!

The Mom2Mom Relay for Life team has been hard at work over the last year to raise money for cancer research.  I kept hearing my friend talk about toilets & moving them, but I never really knew what she was specifically talking about.  Until I found a purple potty in my own front yard.  Here you can see it oh so nicely displayed.

One day I walk in the back door and Jim is fuming a little.  "WHO?!?!  Went to the bathroom in the toilet outside?!?!?!?!"  Now if you know Jim well, you know he's a bit of a jokester & teases a lot.  So I wasn't sure if he was serious or not.  Either way, I had no clue what he was talking about.  Again, he asks "WHO?!?!  Went to the bathroom in the toilet outside?!?!?!?!"  Before I could realize what he was even talking about & mutter an answer (baby) Carmen pipes up in her cute perky 3 year old innocent voice.  "IIIII DIIIID!"  We both look at her in astonishment.  She continued "IIIII went potty....in the purple potty!"  She tells us so matter of factly, like, yeah, so what is the problem.  That is when Jim & I are about on the floor laughing so hard.  I rushed outside, because even though she proclaimed it I didn't really think it could be possible.  Lo and behold.....in front of my own eyes was "potty" in the purple potty.
Once we finally got over the laughter & shock of what had happened, we had a nice talk with her about not using the purple potty.  That we only go potty INSIDE on the white potty.  We couldn't possibly be mad at her for her pure innocence of using a toilet.  Never mind it being outside & her with her drawers down around her ankles for all of Galesburg to drive by and see.  For the next few weeks we kept hearing statements from her like...."I went potty.  But not in the purple potty.  On the white potty!"  It'll be something we never forget!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thought I would include a few photos of my cuties who like to help in the kitchen.  My mom had gotten these chef outfits at the Dollar Tree.  They look so cute with them on.  And as much as possible I do try and let them help in the kitchen.



2 comments:

Suzie said...

That potty story is hilarious!

RondaJo said...

I'm still laughing about Carmen going potty in the purple toilet. That is totally something one of my children would have done.
Also, thank you for cleaning the toilet out before we came to pick it back up. :)