Last Saturday was the Sweetheart Swirl for the high school. This is quite the big affair. It ranks up there with Prom. Or to me it seems like it. The formality of it anyway. Which amazes me. What happen to prom being THE ONE EVENT that you went all out for. Now there is homecoming, swirl & prom. Except I get that prom is only for the seniors. Anyway, I'm "old fashioned". You know, just wanting the girls to wear their best skirt & blouse to the dances. That's how it was when I was growing up. You know, way back in the last century. Anyway....back to THIS day in age : )
I wouldn't personally drop a load of money on the formality of this event. I know God knows this and finds ways to bless us abundantly in this area. The dress Angel is wearing was bought for her by her small group leader for a mere $10. Yeah, ten smack-a-roos!!!! The gold dress you see her friend Danielle wearing is also Angel's. Bought for her by her aunt, with the tags still attached for $15. Wow!!
Anyway, it appears my mind is very ramblish right now. If it hadn't been a week since my last post and the need to blog about many things I'd save this & finish later. So I'll hush and just talk about the pictures.
I helped Angel get ready for the dance. She really did most of it herself. I was just available to help with a few little things when she asked. I liked being available for her. There, but yet not in a hoovering let me smoother kind of way. Taking what I can get when I can, because I know that not all my friends got to share in this same experience. ((((hugs Steph))))
Doesn't she look like a Barbie or something?
Yeah, she's cool like that! *giggle*
Here she is with her friends. Dani is wearing the gold dress on the left. Angel had wore it for her 8th grade graduation. She wanted to help her friend who might not otherwise be able to afford a nice dress. I'd rather see it get more use out of it than it sit in her closet. Kind of goes with the whole concept that I stress to my children that because we are so blessed by others we need to bless others in return. I know that sounds like common sense, but I don't see it shown or encouraged by society very much. That's not what today's world is all about. Ok....rambling....hush....
The girls didn't want to spend a bunch of money eating out or fighting the crowds so they opted to have me fix them supper. My friend, who is also Angel's small group leader, Rikki helped me in this area. Including taste testing a recipe she found online. It was yummy!!!! Yeah, the things we do for our children ; )
I tried to make the dining room special looking for them. Pulled out my fine china (don't even remember the last time I used them) and borrowed some fancy glasses from the church. The girls had a great time, I'm guessing by the amount of laughter & fun they were having. Such precious memories.








1 comment:
((sighs)) Thank you for my hugs!
What a wonderful fulfilling night for EVERYONE! Seriously. I am going to MAKE Mady do this for the next dance. Because I'm all selfish like that ;)
I am so happy for you and Angel!! It looked like an AWESOME night!
Post a Comment