My first baby boy is now double digits. That puts over 1/2 of my kids in that range. *siiiiigh*
John specifically wanted an OVERNIGHTER for his birthday. He made that very clear. It was NOT a slumber party or sleepover. That was clearly what girls do. Not this
man boy. So I gathered a couple of his friends and had his party. I'm on the fence as to whether have boys spend the night vs. girls is better or worse or what. On one hand we never once had any drama or crying or shrieking at the top of their lungs. But have you ever heard 6 boys racing through a 3 story house playing war. OH! MY! I finally went to bed at 11 and even though a few had fallen asleep there was a good group still up & just starting Jurassic Park 3. Usually a late night can ensure some sleeping in the next morning. uh.....nope. They started stirring about 6 a.m. I finally got out of bed at 6:30 to tell them to quiet down. Which only lasted so long and soon we had yet another full fledged war being fought through out the house.
They were a good group of kids and it made the whole party a great experience.
Pizza, pop & chips is all these boys needed to keep them happy. Of course it was accompanied by a lot of burping, other boys noises and "hey watch this" moments.
Remember all that cooking I did during our recent epic winter storm? Yep, came in very handy as I didn't have to labor over hot fresh french toast that next morning. It was all cooked up and ready for them to eat!
John never had an official birthday cake. (bad mommy moment, I know). I just plopped some candles into his french toast and wah-la we created a special birthday moment for him.
Boys & their guns....enough said : )
No comments:
Post a Comment