We have more than 1 Picasso in our family. This one is a lot more ideal to how we like to see the creativity expressed.
Brianna (also referred to as Nina, for those who don't know and often confuse the two names as two different kids) is very artistic. One day recently she told me "hey, mom I want to go paint". I'll admit, I sort of cringed and instantly envisioned this big mess that would be made & possibly requiring my help to clean up. All for what? A piece of 'art' that I loving say "wonderful honey" and then throw away in the trash after enduring a week of it hanging on the refrigerator. (In my defense, my kids KNOW that I don't like clutter and stuff and that I consistently purge through our things & get rid of this sort of stuff).
Nina had two things going for her in this situation. (1. She is actually extremely responsible with getting out & taking care of what she has used. Any worries about a mess that I would have to clean up quickly faded away. (2. I know how good Brianna is with her works of art. Not to place value on which kids art is better than the other. But she's good, really good. Look, I'm no artist. I have no training or knowledge in this area. Having seen the kid version of art from 6 different children....she is GOOD! Now if we were talking dance, I'd be saying Angel is GOOD! Drama, Mandy. Football, John, etc. etc. (I didn't mention the two younger ones since they are younger & I haven't had as much time to see their talents develop).
So I took a picture of the picture that Brianna painted that day. For fun. Because she was bored & had nothing to do. Her idea of a painting.
To clarify, there are two works of art there. I just liked her name drawing she brought home from school and paired it with the landscape she drew. I think I'm going to frame the landscape painting & hang it somewhere in the house. Now that is what I call a Picasso!

No comments:
Post a Comment