Tuesday, February 1, 2011

EPIC

Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size or heroic and impressive in quality.

Right now that is what we are sitting around & waiting for.  In case you are living under a rock or have no connection to this portion of our world.  I'm talking about the big winter storm of 2011. Said storm is being compared to the storm in 1979.  I was only 3.  I honestly don't remember that storm.  But don't you laugh, cause I know MANY people that were not even alive at that time.  It's all a matter of perspective.  So while I don't remember, at least I was alive : )  I remember a lot of other big snow storms, but yeah, this one is sounding pretty epic.

It has me in a little crazy tingly giggling like a little girl in anticipation frenzy.  It's been crazy around here for the last few days.  Stores have been bombarded with business.  Everyone rushing around trying to get everything done.  And what else can we talk about????  The impending storm!!!!!

We are ready.  Even if I had not gone to the store we would have been ready to stay in for a few days.  I went to the store anyway and stocked up even more.  My plan is to cook/bake like crazy.  Fill my freezer full of goodies.  Even then there should still be plenty of time for blogging, wasting time of facebook, watching endless movies with the kids, etc, etc.  Of course, assuming we don't lose power.  That could prove interesting.  Backup plan would be playing lots of board games, coloring, doing jigsaw puzzles and *gasp* bonding as a family ; ).  I have enough candles to last us at least a good month.  Either way, we'll be ok.

I am excited...beyond excited to see history unfold.  I promise a lot of pictures will be taken (not that that is anything unusual for me) and memories will be made.  I want my kids to grow up & not only remember the "storm of the century", but how we "survived" such an epic event.

2 comments:

~Lil Mama~ said...

Great post Carmen!!! I like your writing style. It really shows your personality. Which of course is awesome =0) 3?!?!? I was 6. I don't remember it either. Well, I remember aspects about it. Pictures. My dad took pictures of EVERYTHING. 1979 Snow Storm included... Have an EPIC day with your kiddos. ((hugss)

Suzie said...

I was 9 when this big storm happened and I have no clue to what you are referring. I have a really poor memory. I was probably too busy watching t.v. or playing with my barbies to know that anything was going on. So sad. Make it big so that your kids will remember it.