Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome fall!

I was suppose to blog about this the other day. It's good that I didn't though, since, depending on your source, the first day of fall was either tuesday, wednesday or today. Take your pick.

Normally I'm extreamly excited to welcome the fall season. It is my favorite season of the year. And it's not that I'm not excited. I'm just not as excited. First off, on these first days of fall I am running the air conditioning and sitting here in shorts & a tshirt. Not feeling very fallish to me. Now I know that suddenly within one day we don't go from shorts to jeans or short sleeve to long sleeve. But I'm ready for it. Literally. I have the little kids dresser drawers stuff to the gills cause it is packed with clothes for both seasons. Even slightly more frustrating is when it's so cold in the morning that it warrants one type of clothing, but by afternoon it's so warm we are shedding them & slipping into the other type of clothing. Well, and we all know that I'm just sitting around with a lot of time on my hands to do extra laundry. Alright....whine done. It is but just a season....hahahahaha.

Normally you also get some kind of crazy silly post about my favorite coffee creamer (Peppermint Mocha) that ONLY comes out in the fall. You can see my annual posts by looking here: 2007 2008 & 2009 . And this, I am sad to report, will be my last of such annual tradition. Look closely at the label before you.....NOW ENJOY IT ALL YEAR! Which, yes is good, but it just takes away the fun and anticipation of it hitting the shelves. If you think it being available all year around would make it easier to find on the shelf, you are wrong. I've already learned to keep several on hand (they freeze well) because swinging by the store to grab one has resulted in me finding an empty shelf (sure it's available, but it being in stock is not the same thing). So goodbye to my quirky little annual tradition, but YEA I can buy it more frequently and be generous with my supply.


Some fall changes are comning slowly, but surely. Every day I look around to see the leaves changing colors. I try and keep that child like mentality & just marvel at the little, simple things of life. I really just brings my heart joy to look at the trees and note the changes each & every day. This tree is just in the beginning stages of change, but noticable to me. It's not one I see everyday, but I hope to go back & take a picture of the tree again once more change has set it.


PC ~ Out at Lake Storey, another scene I plan to go back & photograph when it's full a vibrant fall colors.

No comments: