I'm talking about Pepermint Mocha coffee creamer by CoffeeMate. Nothing gets me more excited and worked up than a good coffee creamer. They only put out Peppermint Mocha toward the end of the year & then it quickly vanishes after the Christmas holiday. I believe it was only last year that I had discovered this flavor.
I'm a good old fan of French Vanilla and am one to not like change. However, once I ventured outside of my comfort zone there was no turning back. Now a bottle of French Vanilla will last me months as I have 3-4 other flavors to sweeten my coffee (Chocolate Raspberry, Cinnamon Vanilla, Vanilla Caramel, Blueberry Cobbler). I really wish they would stop making "limited edition" flavors as well, because just when I get hooked on a new flavor they stop making it (there is one in particular that I LOVED, but can't for the life of me think of what it is called). GAAAH! So it came as a great disappointment when I realized that I could not buy Peppermint Mocha year round.
So it was an average Sunday morning a few weeks ago that I ran to the store to buy some essentials.....milk, eggs, etc. I had no intention of buying any creamer. I had already seen that Pumpkin Spice was out, but had yet to see the Peppermint Mocha. So when I passed the creamer I cruised on by not giving much thought. But you know when you have that nagging feeling, just that unexplainable urge to do something even though it makes no sense? As I'm cruising I look over anyway and behold what do my eyes see. I seriously think I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. I let out a squeal and chanted "it's here, it's here....yes, yes, yes". And yes, I'm sure I got some looks from other customers, but who cares, I was in total bliss at the moment. I am determined to buy a big bottle everytime I go to the store, reguardless if I even need any or not. I've been told that I can freeze the stuff and then use as needed. Just what I need in my deep freezer, a dozen or so bottles of creamer.
I was so thrilled of this occasion that I had the kids take pics of me enjoying my coffee that morning. Yep, curlers & all, completely enwrapped in my happiness. It really can be the simplest things in life that bring happiness.
4 comments:
I LOVE THAT STUFF! It's so great to see someone else acting like a total nut in front of the dairy case!
(Have you tried the blueberry one? Yum!)
Steph, I edited my entry to add the Blueberry one cause, yes, I've tried it & love it too. When I originally wrote this I went & peeked in my fridge at my flavors available. Guess I'm just out of bb. I'll have to pick one up with my next peppermint.
you are tooo funny
Oh. and the International Delight coffee creamer with the snowman on the front, chocolate mint truffle. So, yummy!
Post a Comment