7 years ago we moved into this house that we currently live in. Long story short, it was a total God thing. We have many things to be thankful for since moving into this particular house. One of them is our neighbors. We have an excellent overall neighborhood, but some people are particularly good & special to us. Let me introduce you to Laura, my backyard, catty-corner neighbor. She doesn't live directly behind us, but behind & over one house. Our fences almost join in one tiny spot. We've been know to hang out, have casual conversation at the fence. Sometimes she is completely in her yard & me in mine. We'll chat while working in our gardens. We will holler at each others children. She says she can never hear me yell from my house, but I don't' know how many times I think "I bet Laura just heard me yell that." Some of our kids are similar in age, which has been good & bad through out the years. We've had a few instances where we'll call each other & say "fence...now" so we scurry out, each taking deep breaths. I'm sure she is ready to strangle my kids & I'm about wits end with hers too. And we have those hard talks and try hard to not get all caught up in the catty emotional feelings of the moment. In the end though, no matter what, we walk away with nothing but true neighborly love in our hearts. Nothing is perfect, peachy king in our neighborhood. Either with us adults or with all the kids. But I know that more often than naught I feel God's love & approval in our relationship with our neighbors.
.jpg)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Today's PC came out of my time I spent talking to Laura at the fence. This beautiful creature spent several minutes in our presence. I got several shots from many different angles, but these 2 are the best.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment