Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gadets

Last spring Angel tried out & made the Gadet squad for the high school where she has begun her freshman year. The Gadets are not cheerleaders, they are the dance squad. The two can appear to be the same, they both have pom poms, they both perform at the football & basketball games. The most important difference though is that these girls dance. I can't speak for everyone on the squad, but for Angel dance is EVERYTHING! You can take away anything, but you take away her dance & her life is just over. Good thing we don't live in a Footloose kind of era & town.

Below you'll find some of the pictures I've gotten so far. It is really hard to get good shots when they are in action. One way I combat that is taking video & then making a picture out of a video frame. The quality is not as good, but some of the poses & shots I get are much better.

I took this one at the Labor Day parade yesterday:
These are a picture from video during her first high school football game:


When the Streaks enter the field the band always plays the William Tell Overature. You have to go a minute or so in, but I got the whole routine on video.

No comments: