In the past I have always taken them to school on the first day & taken their picture in front of the school sign. The last few years has been like pulling teeth to get that done (it's so not cool, ya know). In an effort to pick & choose my battles I settled for just a snap shot of each kid on their first day.
Angel has started high school. I'm not happy about this. Not for any bad reason. The whole idea has just whacked me with a 2 x 4 and left me all emotional about the issue. I have never....NEVER been emotional about my kids starting school. I can't get them out of the house fast enough come August (it's endearing, I know) and they have always happily skipped out the door into the halls of education & learning. This year was different. It didn't help that come that morning, she left the house at 6:45 (!!!!) to walk with friends to school. I was a teary mess. My new catchphrase that I find myself saying is "we only have 4 years left." It makes me want to scream & cry like a toddler, stomp my feet and say WHAT?!?!?! THAT IS IT!?!?!?!? 'Cuse me while I go grab a kleenex.
Angel is on the Gadet (dance) team & plays the alto saxaphone in marching band. She stays after school nearly everyday with one practice or another. And she has already mentioned the drama club too.
.jpg)
Mandy is in 7th grade & gets a year to rule the jr. high by herself for the Peterson clan. She is once again involved in cross country & plays the trumpet for band.
.jpg)
Brianna & John are the last two to round out Steele Elementary (for now). Brianna is in 5th grade & John is in 4th. We have had a student at Steele for the past 11 consecutive years. (We had custody of my nephew when he started kindergarten there, which was the year before Angel started.)
.jpg)
Andrew is in his second year at Bright Futures preschool. He attends M - F every afternoon for about 3 hours. This programs offers direct door pick up & drop off. That is such a saver for us. He is beginning to talk non stop about starting kindergarten next year.
.jpg)
Carmen is not in any school yet. She has one year left at home with mom. When Andrew gets picked up by the bus we come inside & it's her nap time.
.jpg)
Next year we will have all the kids in one school or another. Wow, that doesn't seem possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment