Thursday, June 11, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We headed "home" to Iowa on Memorial Day weekend. I had my 15 year class reunion. It started with a private tour of Muscatine High School. The place has drastically changed since I last roamed those halls, so it was nice to get a peek at what is different.




Here I am standing by my old locker 4049. I had the same locker all 4 years at MHS. Angel was quite appalled at how small the lockers were.
Later that night some of my former classmates gathered for dinner & some social time. Jim was beyond thrilled to accompany me to this event. (Please note extreme amounts of sarcasism in that last statement.) My older sister Lisa also went to the reunion. Although she did not graduate with my class, from 4th grade through about 10th grade she was part of our class, so she knew many of the people in attendance. I had a great time at the reunion seeing & talking with a lot of classmates that I haven't seen in years!


The next day was Muscatine High School graduation. My neice Allison, who is the oldest of my parents 12 grandchildren, graduated as part of that class. We are very proud of her & her accomplishments. It was special to be able to attend the graduation as well. She has earned a full ride 4 year scholarship to the University of Iowa (Go Hawks!)
Here is my older sister Lisa & her 4 kids: Allison, Derek, Krystyne & Hannah
My parents, Jose & Donna with Allison
Of course with all of us together for this special occasion we had to take the traditional grandkid picture of all of them. They are suppose to be in birth order, but it wasn't until I was uploading the pictures onto the computer that I realized the Parker & Mandy are switched. Although Parker is bigger in size, Mandy is 4 months older than him. Oh well, we still got them all in one shot. It seems that we only have all of them together once or twice a year.
In order they are: Allison, Derek, Angel, Parker, Mandy, Krystyne, Brianna, Hannah, John, Andrew, Brian & Carmen
And, of course, the Luna sister shot with Blanca, Carmen, Lisa & Chris











1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I love that you have big family get togethers - we don't do it nearly often enough!