Angel decided it was time to change up her hair. Can't let the baby sister have all the glory with the cute new do. For the first time ever, I sent Angel off on her own to go get her hair done. Yes, I know I need to slowly start cutting those apron strings. My baby will be a legal adult in about 18 months. Sniff....sniff....
Here she is before she left:
This is how she looked when she came home:
Not much difference in the length, just a slight trim. Otherwise there is the obvious big chunky bangs. I knew this is what she wanted to do so I wasn't too shocked. It's going to take some getting used to, but I think it looks super cute on her. She reminds me of a certain teenage girl who back in the 90's did the exactly same thing with her hair. Hmmmm....wonder who that could be????
Baby Carmen's pre-school has been having spirit week. A different theme each day. On Monday they had backwards day. With the exception of her shoes & socks, everything went on backwards. Tuesday was hat day. She had intended to wear a princess crown/hat, but we forgot until we saw the bus coming down the street. I ran real quickly and grabbed this pink with flowers sunhat. It made her look like a brunette Strawberry Shortcake. Wednesday was class color day. Carmen is in the purple room. We had purple shoes, purple socks, purple pants....yes, even purple underware (not so hard to achieve when you are 4). We didn't have a purple shirt which led to a slight melt down. We did find a white shirt with little purple flowers on it and that was just enough to talk her down from her ledge of boycotting going to school all together. Tomorrow is pajama day. What mom does not like that?!?!?! You don't have to dress them for the day AND when they get home they are all ready for bed! Score one for mom!!!!
Today, however is crazy hair day. This is also a favorite day of mine. Who better to know crazy than ME?!?!?!? Carmen loved the idea of green hair in addition to her wild ponytails all over. However once I got the hair half way sprayed she didn't like the fumes. To help with her sudden apprehension I joined her in the venture and she enjoyed coloring my hair green too. The things I do for my kids.....




No comments:
Post a Comment