Had to post this funny picture. (I'm working on a big slide show of Merle's visit in the mean time). I think it's fair to say I'm a pretty domestic person when it comes to housekeeping, cooking, family rearing, etc. I'm not model perfect, but it has all came very naturally to me over the last 17+ years. It has made it quite easy to follow my childhood dream of being a stay-at-home-mom. Every once in awhile I mess up and in a big way. I'm pretty good at laughing at myself when these things happen. This was no exception.
On Sunday's I like to break away from the tradition grab a bowl of cereal for breakfast that the kids often embrace. (Personally I cook myself eggs each morning, the kids insist on their cereal, which does in fact make it easier for me). Since Merle was visiting I had to make sure I busted out my amazing chocolate chip muffin recipe. I finished a few dozen in time for breakfast and then had time to squeeze in one more pan before heading out for church.
Except, that is what I did.....head out for church. Completely oblivious to the fact that I had left that last load baking in the oven. For almost 3 hours!!!!
As soon as Jim walked in the back door he knew something was not right. This is what we found:
My muffins burnt to a crisp. Hahahahahahaha! I couldn't help but get a good laugh at it. I have had some pretty funny domestic bloopers over my years (oh the stories I could tell) but I don't think I have ever left something cooking in the over for several hours longer than need be.
Anyone want a muffin?

1 comment:
Wow! As delicious as those look, I think I will pass:-)
Post a Comment