Wow, I just did a check back. I have not posted about my wedding anniversary since 2008. That deserves both a YIKES! and OOPS! at the same time. And I almost didn't post about this year either. I missed posting on the actual day, but felt led to put something up. So here.
Jim & I celebrated 17 years of marriage last Friday, December 2. We now know that we picked a really icky time of the year for us to celebrate this day. We didn't know 17 years ago that the postal system would rule this time of year with time off & such. We also didn't know we'd have a kid birthday and Thanksgiving tucked on one side of this day with another kid birthday and Christmas following right after. Roll that up with a whole lot of life and our anniversary tends to come and go very quietly without notice.
This year we were treated to supper with some good friends. She did the cooking and everything. That was a nice treat!!!! Jim got me a simply yet extremely thoughtful gift. He had a picture from our marathon printed then put it in a shadow box with our finisher medal in there. I'll have to take a picture. It's very nice and touching.
Other than that it was a day filled with normalities. It was a busy day for me. I didn't even say anything on facebook about our anniversary. THAT is when you know I am busy!! Ha ha! Even though our day always seems so normal, I am thankful for another year with Jim. In light of other events (the passing of a dear friend), I'm reminded to be thankful for the man that God brought into my life and the life that we create together. So, here's to 17 years and many many more!
No comments:
Post a Comment