Monday, December 19, 2011

4 years

My poor baby girl. It's been 3 days since her birthday and I'm just now getting her post done. It would be easy to classify that as the last child syndrome. However, I know this whole year I've been pretty bad about getting things on posted on any one's birthday. I've seen this year be one that has me busier than I've ever been and really there is no end in sight. That's a whole other topic, so I'll get to what I meant to post about and that is baby Carmen's birthday.

Last Friday was Carmen's 4th birthday. I can't believe it has already been FOUR years. It seems like yesterday that she was born and yet it seems like a million years ago since I've had her. I'm that is due to our busy family life & how much we pack into our average year.

Speaking of a million years since I've had her. This brings on another milestone for our family. Mostly for me. This has now been the longest I have ever gone in our 17 years of marriage that I have NOT been pregnant. If you ask Jim he'd be happy to change that. I plan to make that gap get longer and longer. Carmen was only a few days old when I told her "yep....you are making sure you are my last baby!!!!!"

Carmen is such a typical baby of the family child. She is absolutely amazing in so many ways. And just when you think you know enough about parenting she comes along and changes that all up.

With my recent trip to Mexico and other events that have unknowingly consumed our time, we went a little basic on the whole party scene. Not that she minds at all, she's 4 and it's so easy to make her feel like the most important princess in the world. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!!!!

Happy (belated) 4th birthday Carmen!!!!

No comments: