Last night, John was in the school musical. It's not really optional at this level. It's part of music class that all the kids take. Typically when it comes to school volunteering I am more reserved and wait for a true need before I jump in and start helping out. However when it comes to the musical I am first in line in eager anticipation wanting to help. This concludes my 14th musical that I have helped out with. I have helped with every aspect ranging from sewing costumes, doing make up, arranging refreshments, making props and the set, etc. etc. I always go and help set up and watch the dress rehearsal during the school day. Next year will be the first time that I won't have a kid in the musical (they don't start doing them until 2nd grade). Only for one year though before I have to plow through 8 more musicals & call it a career : )
Here is some video & pictures from the musical. John played the role of Robert Fulton (a man so rich he has a BOAT!) from the days of the California Gold Rush. I had forgotten my tripod so had to hold the camera. There were a lot of short speaking parts and since I couldn't do a smooth pan over (like I can when it's on the tripod) I tried not to move around too much. So you get plenty of nice shots of my handsome boy. I also didn't get the musical in it's entirety, but you get most of it. Sit back & enjoy : )
Fighting over some gold.
John & his teacher Mrs. Fox. She has been wonderful all these years!!



No comments:
Post a Comment