Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

We had a nice low key Halloween this year.  I think that there is a part of me that has been doing this as a mom for 16 years now and it's kind of lost it's sparkle & appeal.  We still enjoy it and participate, but it's different with having the range of kids.  I actually dress up now vs. when the kids were young.  Why not?  It's fun to get all creative & make a costume and get away with wearing it one (or sometimes two) days a year.

I had an alternate reason for creating a costume as well.  You can read about my costume adventures in my other blog.  I wore it to the kids class party and to run in, both of which took place before actual Halloween.  By time that day rolled around I was all costumed out & settled for wearing black & orange that day.

Andrew picked out this Buzz Lightyear costume & wore it to his class party, but managed to misplace it before trick or treating.  So he wore two different costumes.  Literally 5 minutes before walking out the door, I ran down stairs, grabbed what I saw & said "here you go!"  Hey, it works!

 Carmen is wearing a costume that Angel wore 12 years ago when she was a similar age.  I had to go drag out the picture of Angel wearing it.  I showed it to anyone who would look.  They often thought it was Carmen in the picture, until I corrected them & told them it was Angel.
 I called for a group picture before we hit the streets for Trick or Treating.  Angel was already gone to help at a church event & Mandy didn't dress up, so she didn't get in on this picture (her doing not mine).  When it was all said & done I realized Mandy was not in any of the pictures : (
 Cutest bunny ever!
 football player
 80's girl....she is so rockin' in
 Nerd that got beat up
 Our oldest & youngest, posing with the picture.

No comments: