Wednesday, October 26, 2011

JFL: Bears

This last weekend we also finished our football season.  John (jersey #1) plays for the Bears in the Junior Football League.

I remember prior to him starting this I was very anti-JFL.  I have no idea why.  I guess just some pre-conceived notion that was leaving me narrow minded.  When it became apparent that John was living & breathing anything football I knew I had to at least let him try the league.  I'm so glad we did.  Our local JFL league has been one of the best things we have experienced here in town.

We were blessed to have John drafted & picked to play for the Bears. (Once you are picked for a team you stay on there all 3 years)  The team has a good group of boys, many of whom we are friends with.  The coaches I must say are WONDERFUL!  They are all about the sport, trust me they REALLY get into it, but I think they do a phenomenal job of teaching the boys about the sport/game as well.  It sounds kind of oxymoron-ish that they can be all caught up in the game, screaming & yelling....yet so loving tell them boys what to do, or what they did wrong or how they need to change what they did.  It's something you have to see to understand.  Bottom line, they are great.

We had a great season.  We won 6 games & lost 1.  That put is in good standing for the play offs.  We made it to the semi-finals and lost.  We played good & fought hard.  Even when they lost, not much bad can be said.  They always played fair and played hard.  Sometimes that's just not enough and that is ok.

We look forward to next year.  I included some pictures of John.  The first one I can't take credit for.  Galesburg Sports did an exceptional job at being out there & taking pictures.  I am going to go through and buy several pictures they took of John.  He (the photographer) was AWESOME!!!!  I could sit & look through his pictures all day, not just of the Bears either.  I was able to get the first picture through a loop hole, but I will be buying it & many others he took.

The other pictures I did take. I'll admit though, once I knew Galesburg Sports was taking pictures I quit trying to get shots. I knew someone was on the job & getting much better shots than I would.







I love to hear their little chant & huddle they do before & after games.

No comments: