Marching Season is officially over for this year. It always ends with the big competition at the University of Illinois. We seem to be experiencing the band on a different level this year as we are much more involved. Jim is the CEO of the band. I know, that sounds so....IMPORTANT. And it is. But it doesn't mean that he is head over the entire band, he is the Chief Equipment Officer. It is a very important role, that Jim did very good at. He was in charge of getting the band equipment to the football games & marching competitions. He had to load the official trailer and truck it wherever it needed to go. He was even given this big truck to use and he would feel all manly and grunt & do other things of that sort. Ha-ha. He also was in charge of other volunteer parents who helped get the equipment on the field for the band to perform. It was a very big job and Jim was the perfect man to get it done!
This meant that Jim had to go to every single football game & marching competition. We mixed things up a little bit through out the season. Sometimes he would go alone, one time I went with him & we left the other kids at home (ahhhh, how romantic). One time he took 2 of the older kids & they got to help. For this last big competition I drove separately with all the other kids. It's been fun. I also have a lot of roles & responsibilities, just more behind the scene ones or ones that are yet to come. For marching season, CEO was the place to be : )
We hopefully have many more years to look forward to as band parents. This is Angel's second year. I am encouraging her to complete all four. Mandy comes in next year and Nina not too far after that. The rest is yet to tell. It will be a dream come true if all 6 of our animals participate in band for all of the academic years.
It's a lot of time & effort, but it's so worth it!
Here is the video I shot of their competition. It's not the greatest shot, but it's what I had from where I was sitting. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I always get a tear in my eye and a warm feeling in my belly whenever I see them perform!!! It's such a FEEL GOOD FEELING! Love our band GEEKS! =D
Post a Comment