Saturday, September 5, 2009

1fitmom running shoes

There is a story behind my 1fitmom name. I coined the term myself, although I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it. It started about 5 years ago. When we only had 4 kids. And I used to workout a lot, in addition my to numerous of races I enjoyed participating in. I'd joke that when while racing when I would be "zooming" past everyone they'd all say in wonder (like I'm some masked super hero) "who is that?" and the response would be "I don't know, but she's certainly 1fitmom." At about that same time, I joined an online community of moms and had to come up with a screen name so I chose 1fitmom. Also, during that time I found out that you can custom make & persoanlize your own Nike running shoes. For the same price of what you would find pre-made & on the shelf at a store I could pick & choose my own colors and personalize it with a tag. Thus came about my first pair of 1fitmom running shoes.

I'm a huge fan of Nike running shoes. I've worn them for so long that I don't even need to try a pair on to know how they fit. Just give me a size 6.5 and I'm good to go. No questions asked. So for me and my running shoes this is the only way to go. When I need a new pair I go online, make up a new pair & wait. I have to wait about a month. They literally make the shoes from scratch according to my specifications. It's always worth the wait as the shoes get a lot of good miles out of them. I baby my shoes. I have a special bag I store & carry them in. You will never and I mean NEVER see me wearing the shoes unless I'm running or racing. And while my daughters often get into my closet & wear my shoes, I think they would be shot on site if they even thought about even touching them. Jim usually cringes when I order my shoes, they are not very cheap. But I guarantee that I suck every penny's worth out of my shoes.

So, the time came for a new pair of running shoes. I waited most anxiously for them to arrive and felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I saw the UPS man drive up & drop off the box. I ripped open the box without any hesitation tried on my new shoes. It was one of those moments where you hear the heavens open up and a choir of angels sing hallelujah. : ) We'll see what many great miles & races these shoes bring me.

Here is my new pair. Red & black are my most favorite colors!
Here is my collection of shoes. I keep the old ones and use them for casual or grubby wear. I haven't had the heart to actually get rid of them yet. When I do, I will have plenty of pictures to remember them by.


ok, I think.....


I got......


carried away with the pictures......you think?!?!?!

2 comments:

Bill said...

very cool, carmen ;-) unfortunately, the 1fitmom.com and onefitmom.com domains are already owned. i saw a side biz cropping up for the petersons ;-)

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

so cool!