Tuesday, April 21, 2009

pancakes



I made pancakes recently for Jim's birthday. Every once in awhile I get crafty with it & make letters or color them a certain color (pink for Valentine's Day, green for St. Patrick's Day, etc.). So I made some special ones just for the birthday boy. Although he wasn't home to enjoy them fresh off the griddle....it's the thought that counts right? I thought I would share my receipe.

3 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
2 c. milk
2 eggs
6 tsp. butter (melted)

Mix all of the dry ingredients, add the eggs & milk. Save the butter for last to be stirred in.

I only make them from scratch now. Once you've made them this way, you can never go back to pre-made mix from the store. If you make them just right you will find pockets of brown sugar & butter in them. YUM! I will give credit to my friend Laura whom I got this receipe from. Who knows where she got it from or maybe she made it up myself. I've made it enough though that my family & friends call it my pancake receipe. Either way, you've got to try it and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

yum! I just made buttermilk pancakes for the first time - they were so good!