This race was a 5k (3.1 miles) and I finished in 22:12. I did NOT win, not even by a long shot. The girl who did win was a 15 year old high school stand out. She ran it in under 20 minutes. Can't really compete with that though and I'm perfectly fine with that. We're not compairing apples to apples here. More like a nice shiny ripe apple to a oblong over-ripe and in some places mushy banana. I did come in 2nd though AND I beat a woman who 3-4 years ago was always beating me. I'll take my victories where I can. : )
I placed first in my age group. There were no trophies, but instead coffee mugs for awards. I like that though. Something I can use. Really, my basement is fully of trophies just collecting dust. Until my next race.....

No comments:
Post a Comment