We spent last weekend at my sister's house in Muscatine. I had changed out of my clothes & into something nicer to attend a quincenetta. When I did I set my clothes on top of the bathroom counter top. They sat there for a few hours just fine. Once I got back to the house I wanted to change into my jammies, but realized that I had forgotten to pack any. In the mean time I draw a bath for Carmen & stick her in the tub to play while I get ready to change. At first I asked my sister for a pair of pj's to wear, but then remembered I could at least put my t-shirt back on to lounge around in. I grabbed the t-shirt & set my sweatshirt back onto the counter. I walk back out into the kitchen where my sister is to tell her that I really only need some bottoms to put on. Remember Carmen is still in the bathtub, but dont' worry the kitchen & bahtroom are right next to each other. I talked with my sister for at least a minute before I walked back into the bathroom where I found my sweatshirt on fire! Up in flames! I start screaming & yelling, my sister runs in to find out what is going on. Together we put out the fire. Of course we were panicked, but once the flames were out we busted out into laughter. Apparently I didn't see the candle sitting on the counter top so when I set my sweatshirt back up there I set it right next to the candle. All the while baby Carmen is looking at us like "what is your problem". Poor child, should not be taking lessons from her mama & aunt.
Of course, you know me...I had to snap a picture. You can see that only the arm caught on fire, but it sure did give off a big flame. Coulda fooled me. I was mad though, it's my newest sweatshirt. Now I gotta go order another one. Maaaaaan.
No comments:
Post a Comment