Wednesday, December 15, 2010

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

As per usual we put our Christmas tree up Thanksgiving weekend. We have a "new to us" tree as Jim's aunt & uncle gave us their old one. It is so much bigger, fuller and not cheap looking like our previous ones. Not that the quality of a fake tree really matter. We all know it's more about what goes on the tree. You bet that ours is covered with nothing but love & memories. So really, it's always a fabulous looking tree : )

Jim & I set it up & let the kids do the decorating. I very rarely buy ornaments to put on it. Everything has been given to us. Some of them have been handed down as they were the ornaments that I hung on the tree when I was a kid. Those are some of my favorites. We also have many that we have received through out the years as gifts & through ornament exchanges. Some are homemade ones that the kids brought some from school or church through out the years. It's all just a hodge podge of anything & everything.


The kids do a great job & spreading everything out. Although I'm realizing that our tree is also new looking every few days as things are often moved around by a certain toddler in our house.


I remember my mom making that candy cane & solider ornament when I was about Carmen's age.








Afterwards we gathered around for our usual family picture. I won't mention names, but a suddenly turned grumpy teenager didn't want to participate in the picture. (Don't worry I'll get her another time).


Ok, wait.....yep....this seems more like it : D


Often we find this extra addition to our Christmas decor.


In the evening you often find this peaceful glow in our house. Lucky for you you can't HEAR what's going on while I took this picture. Things may look peaceful, but the zoo rarely ever sounds peaceful.


A little added PC picture to finish off my post for today.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Such great memories you are making with the kids decorating the tree. It's a memory that I know my own kids will cherish when they move on. And the kitty under the tree...priceless. It looks like a Christmas card. I wish my dog would sit under the tree. She's too chicken. The tree might move or something and freak her out.