Monday, December 13, 2010

Excuses...excuses

I haven't been meaning to ignore you all. Although, let's be honest....y'all are not sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for an update from me. First off, that is what facebook is really good for and second, you are likely not a maniac like me who checks peoples blogs more than once a day when they don't give their usual daily update. Anyway, I do feel bad for not getting on here & getting things posted. We have had A LOT going on which means I have a lot to post. But I have plenty of reasons...or, uh, excuses for this.

The first of which is beyond my control. We were without internet for 2 whole days last week. This was a bit of a blessing as I used this unplanned internet fast to get some projects done around the house. 1 or 2 of them were actually computer projects that had very much ignored lately. I also had plenty of cleaning to tackle. PLENTY! Aside from my regular cleaning which very much demands a lot of my time. I mostly got busy down in the basement. Here are some pictures of how "bad" it was.



This is actually only one of the rooms in the basement. I keep the laundry room pretty clean since I use it quite often. The other 3 rooms though tend to be come a catch all of all the stuff that needs to be organized and/or stored. It gets bad a few times a year. In case you can't tell from the picture you can't walk through this room in a normal fashion. It's like a land mine and you never know what you are going to step on. There is also the side room where things are stored and the game/sewing room that is not pictured. I got the game/sewing room cleaned before I came up with the idea to take pictures of my mess. It's nice to have that room back to "normal" & in functioning mode again. I have a sewing project or two to tackle. Which, by the way, while cleaning it I found some quilting projects from 3 years ago that I never finished. Oops!!! Some I had completely forgotten about!!

My little internet outage helped throw me back on track to getting things done around the house. Not just the basic cleaning or bare necessities, but the real stuff that I too easily put aside & ignore. I'm working on it.

I hope to get the blog up to date soon. One thing at a time though....I have some cleaning to go do : )

No comments: