Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year has been absolutely wonderful. Of course, I think it always is. I didn't take the time to blog leading up to the holiday. Which, now puts me behind, but what else is new : ) I immersed myself in some heavy duty cleaning & preparations. Once it was all done on Wednesday night we kicked off the cooking. I have plenty of helpers in this area.


Angel made this cherry pie from scratch.

Gotta lick all the good stuff off the bottom!


We spent hours & hours of cooking. I didn't get to bed until 1 a.m. It was worth it to have such a clean house, yummy treats lining the counter top and a house filled with scrumptious aromas.



The next day we had fun putting the final touches on everything & waiting for our guests to arrive.




Our first set of guests for the big turkey dinner was the Fairlie family.


The turkey turned out perfectly!!!! Jim gave me high praise & compliments on how well it turned out. Cooked enough where it just fell off the bone, yet not dry at all.

There was plenty of yummy food for everyone to enjoy.

Later we played games:
Mandy & Ronda split the wishbone:

Mandy won!
Later that day my parents & two nieces came over for supper. We had a more laid back supper of soup & sandwiches.

It is a Martin tradition to sit around playing marbles.



We can sit around for hours playing game after game.
On Friday Jim had to work, but the kids & I spent the day lounging around and just relaxing. I am so not a shopper and didn't even think about setting foot outside the house for any kind of retail activity. I did have to do a bit of cleaning up from the day before, but considering I did all the big cleaning earlier in the week it took very little time. It's nice to have days to lay in bed watching movies or playing games with the kids with no thought to time.

On Friday night we had another family of friends join us for more food & time of playing games. It was so nice to have plenty of family & friends pass through our home. I didn't have much prep to do, I dug out all the leftovers and we went to town having a feast. The kids had a good time entertaining themselves while the adults played a nice game of Scrabble.

No comments: