Jim served in the Army. He was full time for 4 years & was amongst the first troops to be sent to Saudi Arabia in 1990. Yep, he is a war vet. And, no, as his joke goes, I was not in grade school while he was off fighting the war. I was in high school. The last thing on my mind during that time was serving my country. Unbeknownst to myself though that I would some day join him in the ranks. Later, Jim served 4 years in the reserves. This detail is extremely crucial because that is where we met.

I joined the Army Reserves when I was still a senior in high school. My military days are not nearly as decorated as Jim's, but I did my part, I served my time.

Our military days are but a glimmer in our past. They are very important to who we are. Without it, there would be no Jim & I. We are both honored to have served our country and am thankful for the opportunities it gave us.
1 comment:
Ohhh My!! Your Blog ROCKS!!!
Post a Comment