Brianna & John had their school musical last night. Only the 5th graders are given principle/solo parts. The 4th graders are only allowed to be the choir. Nina was given the lead as the Stowaway. When Brianna was in 3rd grade she also was given the lead role (the same rule is applied to the 2nd/3rd grade musical).
Even though John was "only" in the choir, he made a mighty fierce & handsome pirate.

Brianna in action:

Singing her main solo, Lost at Sea.

Nina posed for me on this treasure chest. We've had this chest in our basement for years. I use it to store things. I got it at a yard sale down the street for $5. It WAS blue, but I re-painted it specifically for this musical. Now we have a nice pirate-y looking chest in our basement : )Below you will find the youtube links so you can view the musical. There was a audio malfunction toward the end of the 1st clip. I stopped the video while they tried to fix the problem. Once things got rolling again MY CAMERA malfunctioned and while I tried to fix it I missed the Stowaway song that they had re-started.
The audio malfunction turned out to be Brianna's microphone. So you see her messing with her mic a lot. Her main solo, Lost at Sea, can be found at 10:20.
The last part. Can I just say....she does an AMAZING job!!!! I know I'm totally biased. But they are BOTH great in this musical. I'm so proud I just wanna weep big ole mommy happy tears!
No comments:
Post a Comment