.jpg)
Angel after competition:
.jpg)
Family picture:
We took a break & spent some time away from the competition. Jim has a friend who is a student there so he gave us a nice tour of the campus - or at least part of it, because it's a really big area. Another family picture - cause mom is such a picture freak. They'll thank me some day, I'm sure..jpg)
While we were waiting for the above picture to happen I got this shot of Jim & Angel. They were actually kinda goofing off, but I love how it turned out.
John was in total awe of the football field. He is insistent that he WILL play football for U of I. Which, you know, totally breaks my heart cause that I does not stand for Iowa, but Illinois. He talked non stop about playing college ball & how he's gonna get there, etc. I think if he could have signed a letter of intent that day he would have.
Who knows, the sky is the limit. If that is what he pursues and life takes him that way, then great. I can & will support where ever my son goes in life, whether it be college or beyond. I love the idea of him playing for a Big Ten college. I'll just double my prayers that IA & IL don't play against each other for those 4 years of his career.
Until that moment though, until I absolutely "HAVE" to....sorry, I'm not cheering for them Illini. When we were waiting for the band results they U of I marching band performed for us. I'll admit they have an amazing band. Aside from other musical arrangements their main show was selections from Bizet's opera Carmen. So I double enjoyed that. In the end the announcer comes on, gets the crowd in a roar and encourages us all to stand up for the Illini fight song. In an act of teasing protest I sat in my seat with my arms crossed. Jim egged me on..."oh come on Carmen, join in with the spirit!" I told him I have some standards and until MY son is coming out onto that field I will not be a "fan".
PC: Fall bloosoms
No comments:
Post a Comment