Friday, October 8, 2010

Flashback Fridays

I need to hurry. Pretty soon the rest of the kids will be dashing in the backdoor and we are taking off right away to get to the homecoming parade. Yes, it is homecoming week for Galesburg High School. We've always gone down to the parade. Now that we actually have a high schooler though, all of this takes on a whole new meaning. So what better topic to flashback to than previous homecomings.

I actually only have 1 homecoming documented in my vast library of pictures. It really wasn't a big deal when I was in high school. Well, it was to me, but because of my upbringing it was really downplayed. I was never....NEVER....allowed to go to the homecoming dance. I was certainly not going to be allowed to participate in such heathenistic and morally corrupt behavior. Ok, whatever. Regardless of my parents child raising decisions I managed to grow up unscathed from the whole situation. I'm ok. Really.

So my senior year was my best year when it comes to homecoming. It was the only year that I participated in creating the class float. Could have been because I was a class officer and it was highly favored that we do this. I remember, though that it was a great week getting the task done. Here is part of the float (if you look VERY close you can see my name on the mid left corner of the sign):
There is the homecoming parade too. Normally we had to be completely suited up and "professional" when playing in the band. For only the homecoming parade we were allowed to literally let our hair down and have some fun.

I think I could write forever about homecoming. As of now, though, all the kids are home and we need to get to the parade. Angel is marching in the band. We have to game tonight where she will also perform with the Gadets & the band. I feel so rushed, but it's just that kind of day. Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I found you through Networked Blogs searching my blog name which, ironically, is Welcome to the Zoo! It's crazy how similar our blogs/families are!

I think it really stinks that you weren't allowed to go to homecoming. It was some of my best times in high school! However, now that I am a mom, I'm scared for homecomings LOL!

Your family is beautiful! I LOVE your bible verse, think I'll mark it as a favorite!